Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm back

Time for a do over.
I figured I'd revive the 'ole blog and dust off the cobwebs and share my adventures.  I now have a new person in my life who can be found loitering over at Vanessaruns.  I dragged her down to San Diego all the way from Toronto, Canada.  She's an active blogger who has inspired me to give it another try myself. 
Lately, Vanessa has been hooking us up with some freebies.  Therefore, amongst my ramblings I think I'll throw in a product review now and again.  Besides, it seems as if all barefoot runners have a blog and are reviewing items so why shouldn't I try to emulate?  Who knows, maybe some day my blog will be popular and companies will be scratching at my door to do reviews for them!
A short list of items I'd like to do reviews on in the upcoming days:
  • Luna Sandals - this includes the Originals, Recylclados, and Catamounts
  • Merrell Trail Gloves
  • New Balance MT101
  • Vivobarefoot Neo Trail
  • and a few food items
I would review some Vibrams but it seems everyone and their grandmother own a pair now so it'd be kinda pointless.  Besides, I don't run in mine anymore but rather use them as workshoes these days.

Another interest of mine is to try a few various diets and see what kind of impact they have on me and my marathon and ultramarathon endeavors.  These diets would include things such as Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, and a few others as long as I don't think they appear to be nutritionally handicapped or costly.  These diets would be strictly followed for a full 30 days and then blogged about.

Well that's it for now.  Stay tuned.

BTW, my next ultra is the Noble Canyon 50k which is taking place this Saturday.  I have not been following any sort of training or diet so I will use it as a baseline.  Note that this is the same ultra that was my very first and promptly kicked my ass, leading to a 9 1/2 hour deathmarch in 110 degree temperatures.  Ugh!


No comments: